Foundation of the Académie des Beaux-Arts (Academy of Fine Arts)

The Royal Decree of March 21st, 1816, restored the names of the Academies to the sections of the Institute. The Decree established the Académie des Beaux-Arts (which proceed the unification with the Académie Royale de Peinture et de Sculpture, the Académie Royale d’Architecture and to a certain degree, the Académie Royale de Musique). The newly formed Academy des Beaux-Arts  included 50 members of the Institute, 30 foreign associates and 40 correspondents. 

Scroll to Top